Adopt best practices for building and modernizing applications
Digital transformation has dramatically impacted the way companies deliver value and the rate at which they make changes to their products and services. Many companies are innovating faster by changing the way they design, build, and manage applications, through what we call "modern applications". Modern applications are built faster than ever, with the ability to scale quickly to potentially millions of users, have global availability, manage petabytes if not exabytes of data, and respond in milliseconds.
Read this eBook to learn more about the characteristics of modern applications, and how to build them. We will introduce the real stories of leading business including The Pokémon Company, lululemon, iRobot, Coinbase, etc.
- Creating a culture of ownership
- Designing with a microservices architectural pattern
- Utilizing serverless and managed services for compute, such as containers and AWS Lambda
- Selecting a database that is purpose-built for the task at hand
- Automating your release process with continuous delivery pipelines
- Adopting guardrails in your approach to management and governance